Emergency Services & Agencies
Emergency Services & Agencies Challenges
Three years ago, a European agency set out a White Paper looking for a live, secure, data, and CCTV solution for vehicles, body worn cameras, drones and for use in remote areas. A regional police force was assigned to find and test a workable solution. After spending two years and over €2M working in conjunction with other hardware manufacturers, and network operators, they could not come up with a solution.
In addition, various emergency services have a need to extend their networks out to remote locations such as large incidents, events, etc, they can not use the existing remote locations IP addresses as they need to authenticate with their internal networks, and these remote locations typically have dynamic (always changing) IP addresses, this causes many issues for emergency services such as Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue.
For this environment the system offering encryption and acceleration to allow data connection in low-bandwidth and high-latency networks.
By providing a fixed IP address to a vehicle or hand-held device, we can offer the secure two-way transmission of Data. We are providing this service to individual European Police Forces.
These forces are currently using our systems to update data in cars or to retrieve data from HQ while on location; even over WIFI, on a mobile network or even over various satellite networks.
Our technology is agnostic concerning both software or hardware (camera) systems.
- Multiple cameras can be installed into single vehicles.
- All cameras can stream live video to control rooms in real-time.
- Establish a secure data connection in-and-around the vehicle, allowing two way secure VoIP (SIP/H323) for additional communication.
- Allows remote control to control rooms and other teams of equipment on board vehicles.
- Live video can be transferred like a phone call to other vehicles with the same equipment installed.
- The information gathered from this system is live and managed in the Control.
- Room through a CSIM (Converged Security Information Management) software platform – VidSys (http://www.vidsys.com).
- Sharing resources between the Emergency Services is also possible.
- Live video can be transferred from one vehicle to several others if required.
- Secure data transfer of documentation to and from various emergency vehicles.
There are many other benefits for emergency services such as the Fire and Ambulance vehicles.